Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent--Dec. 17

Music here.

O Wisdom, O holy word of God,
you govern all creation
with your strong yet tender care
Come and show your people the way to salvation

O Lord, through your Son you command us, no, you counsel us to ask, and you promise that you will hear us so that our joy may be complete.  Lord, I am making the request that you urge us to make through your Wonder-Counselor.  Give me then what you promise to give through your truth.  You, O God, are faithful; grant that I may receive my request, so that my joy may be complete.

Meanwhile, let this hope of mine be in my thoughts an don my tongue; let my heart be filled with it, my voice speak of it; let my soul hunger for it, my body thirst for it, my whole being yearn for it, until I enter into the joy of the Lord, who is Three in One, blessed for ever.  Amen.

--Anselm, 11th century

No comments:

Post a Comment